Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone Ever Mod SnoPro Hardboot Bindings for Splitting?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:01 pm 

I have been a hard booter for many years and had an extra pair of SnoPro Race Plates. My old split setup was an old pair of F2's on a @94 Split Decision. Heavy and funky but it worked. I upgraded to a '12 Mojo and pulled the older SnoPro's from another board. I pulled them apart and 2 of the holes lined up nicely. The other 2 are offset by about 2-3 mm but can be drilled or slotted. I haven't ridden them yet but once I drill the other holes out and bolt them up, it looks to be pretty solid. The F2's were only a 2 bolt system. Anybody else out there try the SnoPro's and can offer an experience??

Post subject: Re: Anyone Ever Mod SnoPro Hardboot Bindings for Splitting?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 am 

Yes the Sno Pro Race Bindings work great modded to the Voile Slider Tracks, as you have described..

Sno Pro Race can be canted and add lift (Toe & Heel) with the snowpro binding cant pucks, so well worth it.

Another nice feature is that the binding allows for one's boot to be properly adjusted over center-line of the board.

Carry a small screw driver and be sure to check the bindings tension screws often

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 am 

ive used both the f2 and snopros, theyre really same same, but the sno pros are heavier, partly because of the extra hardware
i thought the canting and adjustability are really nice on both of these options
weight and stack height are the biggest issues for me, esp the weight of the sno pros

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm 

Thanks for the input. Do either of you think that the setup needs all 8 screws per binding or would using 2 up front and 2 rear will suffice? The F2's 2 bolt pattern is more centered where the SP's allow for more leverage either on the front pair or rear pair of bolts (if that makes sense). I agree that it is a heavier setup and the height off of the sliders is more than some might like but the canting is worth it. On the up side, they are still adjustable up to about a 28.5 mondo or @ 310mm sole length without drilling aditional mounting holes in the sliders. The bindings themselves are bomber. I think I can deal with the weight for the added strength and rigidity. We'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 pm 

Use all eight screws. The SnoPro binding adjustment screw is sandwich between the two pucks (binding puck and cant puck). You need four screws per puck to hold the tension.

With a 27 mondo boot I was able to place the rear binding at the back of the Volie slider plate and use the existing holes. I had only drill two holes near the front of just ever-so slightly drilling out the front two holes of the plate to get all four holes of the binding to match.