Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: boots not centered
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 am 

hi! I have a problem adjusting my new voile light rail. I have bought the large one, as my boots is a size 12 us, but I feel they are a bit to large. Without any adjustment made the back of the boots will be way out of the board and the front will almost in lane with the board, i have tried adjusting the heel part so my boots will be more centered on the board, the instrucktions that followed did not say much about this, so i removed the screws and reseated them in more in the middle of the availiaale slots, i tried to use slots in the front but I did not manage this, it felt like the bindings did not fit in that position. Have anyone tried this? Am i doing it wrong? Is the any other tricks to get the boot more centered?

Post subject: Re: boots not centered
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am 

You might need pics for help on this. It's kind of confusing to read your description.

The voile pucks are set up such that one of them can be "flipped" for larger boots. I couldn't describe how to do it, but trial and error is how I would get it accomplished. I'm specifically talking about the center disk that holds the slider puck down. Try flipping the disks around and see if that changes your heal/toe spacing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 am 

thans for your reply, I will try to provide pictures tomorrow, hopefully that will make things easier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm 

Note that the pucks have an 'A' and 'B' orientation for the center disc. This makes a pretty big difference in where the binding ends up on the board. Put the puck with the slotted holes that run parallel to the edge of the board on the heel side. For bigger boots, try having the 'A' arrow pointing towards the heel edge on that the heel-side puck. The orientation of the toe-side puck (which will have the slotted holes perpendicular to the board's edges) is less important. Flip it around as needed to achieve the position that the heel-side puck dictates.

Play with it. It can take a fair bit of experimentation and flipping of pucks to get the binding position dialed.

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:41 am 

Thanks for the replies!
I will try to pay around with it and see how it goes.

Regarding the question about the screws.
When I recieved the binding they where set up just like in the picture above. So I tried to remove the screws connecting the back part of the binding to the binding plate itself and reseat the in a on of the slots more to the right at the picture. I wanted to use the slot the most to the right, but I could not manage to get the binding to fit in that position. Maybe I can make it, using alot of power, but I am afraid of breaking it if I am doing something wrong.
For me it seemed obvious that I could do this, but I just wanted to check here first..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am 

The curve of the heel cup may interfere with the straight sides of the base plate as you move the heel cup forward. That's ok. Voile probably would not make a mounting position that could not be used. You may have to use a clamp to bring the metal pieces together a little to get the bolts started.

I would try to reposition the pucks first. Doing it the way I indicated earlier will gain you a lot of heel edge clearance.

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!