Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strap compatibility
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 pm 

I have managed to thrash my spark straps this season, and am curious what people are doing to replace their straps. Are people just ordering new ones from spark buying Burton ones or others?
I am curious if anyone puts union straps or even highbacks from union on their baseplates. I am really impressed with the quality of union's products.

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

Post subject: Re: Strap compatibility
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 am 

I have Union straps on my spark blaze bindings and they work great. You have to make sure that you get the plastic tool free length adjuster piece as well. See link.

http://www.c3-shop.com/products/union/p ... t-complete

I didn't feel like the straps that came with the blaze gave enough support but I also didn't want the super stiff highback of the burners. This worked great. The stock ladders work with the union straps and ratchets fine. I think that you may have to keep the toe ladders that are (or new ones from spark) on there so that they fit in the slots in the base plate. The ankle straps are easier to swap out as they are just attached by a screw.

I though about putting a union highback on as well, but the highbacks from spark are good and very similar to the union highback that I had laying around. Plus you can get negative forward lean for skinning with the sparks. I am happy that I only changed the straps.