Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPLITTING A 168 RIDE TIMELESS WITH VOILE COMVERSION KIT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:41 am 

Fellas

I want to split a 168 Ride Timeless, what are the pit falls of the Voile system. I have read about the wood screws and epoxy not being able to hold the binding plate in place. What are the top tips for a safe durable set up?

Post subject: RIDE TIMLESS SPLIT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:55 am 

What is the view on using T-Nut thoughout countersinking and ptexing over the exposed counter sunk t-nut. I am not a master crafts man as you can apprecaite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:02 am 

do you like your TMS?

its a sweet board

I would try to sink some of the plastic screw expansion nuts and screw in your bindings. A ski shop can help you out with them.

I think if you used T nuts, countersunking them, you'd end up with about 8 to 10 t nuts to deal with, and ptex over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:04 am 

:evil: I wouldn't trust my life and legs to plastic expansion nuts! While the t-nuts are time consuming, 2 per puck (sorta lengthwise) will make a big difference. I'm using 3 per puck on mine (in the middle of this project) at least on the front pucks. The only times I've had a problem with the ski screws was either a high speed wipeout, or in the case of what I'm doing now, a light wood core, which has a lower holding strength than a heavier wood, and I still had to wipeout on it to create my problem. Finding an existing insert to hold down the pucks is great if your stance will allow it, otherwise you gotta go in and just do it.

Post subject: TIMELESS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:25 pm 

The TMS is a nice board, but I have it as a spare, kicking abou,t after trying to sell it. So instead of lashing out on a bespoke board I though I would convert it. I think I shall have to be careful using the TMS in the way that it is constructied and the 3D design of the wood core, after checking out the voile website I may not have the width in the board where it is shaped to make a stable base.

The board is stiff both torsionally and longitudinally, I like it off piste hence the size (168). I am 215lb and 5' 11'' so flexing it is ok.

The Palmer Clutch is a better (good edge to edge but more forgiving) board which I use for carving about the piste.

I think the T-Nut direction (the more the better) is the way to go, having thought about it, I can live with the P-Tex fills on the base I cant see it affecting the ride on POW, and if I am careful the piste transition and glide should be minimally affected.

Any other tips, or lesson learnt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:26 pm 

I didnt like the fact that Im going to have to drill a lot of holes in my Burton(we need a new name for these pieces of crap) but after scrubfest and seeing all the other boards with t-nuts drill trough its not bad. I would go ahead and drill