Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Tatry mountains, Slovakia
Guys..to save your time and money..I've posted this earlier:
I've been using the "love glove" for storing my skins for 2 years and it works 100% . The only thing is I didn't spend for it 30 euros, but made it at home. Went to the shop and bought the cheapest jogging pants they had (6 euros) made of 100% polyester (microfiber). Since then I've never had any troubles with skins and I'm pulling them apart with 2 fingers:) You just need to do 1 cut +1 sewing (it takes 10 minutes) and you get the bag for skins + "beautiful" shorts extra:)

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:29 am
Posts: 583
Location: Oregon
bombsaway wrote:
Has anyone had any type of skin failures while bc? If so, what happen and how did you work past it? Also, what type of temp variations can effect the performance of skins?


I've never used tail clips in 6 plus years of touring and have only had one or two failures. What I have done is add touch up glue to the tips and tails when the skin glue wears off a bit. This seems to keep the tails on the boards while touring. That said, I just got a pair of G3s so will be trying the tails clips soon.

I tour in Oregon, so the temps are usually warmer, probably allowing me to get away w/o tail clips. The few failures I did have were in colder temps with cold pow. Problem was solved by warming the skins in my jacket for a few minutes. If I toured in a colder climate, I probably would have resorted to a tail clip mod some time ago...

I like the love glove idea - may have to try that out!

_________________
"There is nothing more practical in the end than the preservation of beauty." - Theodore Roosevelt

www.splitboardoregon.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:51 am
Posts: 154
Location: The SLC
stoudema wrote:
bombsaway wrote:
Has anyone had any type of skin failures while bc? If so, what happen and how did you work past it? Also, what type of temp variations can effect the performance of skins?


I've never used tail clips in 6 plus years of touring and have only had one or two failures. What I have done is add touch up glue to the tips and tails when the skin glue wears off a bit. This seems to keep the tails on the boards while touring. That said, I just got a pair of G3s so will be trying the tails clips soon.


Definitely agree here. In general, try not to touch the glue on the tails too much when messing with the skins. Keep snow off of them when you're touring, and you should be good to go. Just touch up the glue on the tails occasionally. I've been using tail clips for a bit now, but only because I can. Never had any problems before, and I alway carried (still do) a couple Voile 'cam' straps just in case (to strap the skin on at the tail for the rest of the day).

Personally, I think all the hype about tail clips is a tad overemphasized.

_________________
"Teaching is the tribute to learning."

http://www.splitboardeducationcompany.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:39 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Tomas wrote:
Guys..to save your time and money..I've posted this earlier:
I've been using the "love glove" for storing my skins for 2 years and it works 100% . The only thing is I didn't spend for it 30 euros, but made it at home. Went to the shop and bought the cheapest jogging pants they had (6 euros) made of 100% polyester (microfiber). Since then I've never had any troubles with skins and I'm pulling them apart with 2 fingers:) You just need to do 1 cut +1 sewing (it takes 10 minutes) and you get the bag for skins + "beautiful" shorts extra:)


I should have done this from the beginning. Thanks bud.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 14
Tomas wrote:
Guys..to save your time and money..I've posted this earlier:
I've been using the "love glove" for storing my skins for 2 years and it works 100% . The only thing is I didn't spend for it 30 euros, but made it at home. Went to the shop and bought the cheapest jogging pants they had (6 euros) made of 100% polyester (microfiber). Since then I've never had any troubles with skins and I'm pulling them apart with 2 fingers:) You just need to do 1 cut +1 sewing (it takes 10 minutes) and you get the bag for skins + "beautiful" shorts extra:)


brilliant :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 am
Posts: 15
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Great advise rolling in here, bring on the homemade methods!

So from what I can gather so far, it's the colder snow temps (and foreign elements) that can effect the skins sticking performance. And by the looks of it's the simple,cheap, lite-weight tried'n'tested methods that are the most effective.

Tomas, those shorts must look killer when spring riding comes around. :thumpsup:

_________________
'10 Venture Storm R
'10 Never Summer Legacy
'11 Canfield One


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Tatry mountains, Slovakia
bombsaway wrote:
Tomas, those shorts must look killer when spring riding comes around. :thumpsup:

Never tried riding in them, so far just house painting:).. maybe will give it a try this year :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skin Care
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:03 pm
Posts: 221
Location: British Columbia
Karsyn wrote:
Very simple caring tips for skin and these are:
1:Drink water more than 8 glasses in a day.
2:Eat healthy food and fresh, natural vegetables.
3: Use body cleanser and moisturising creams which keeps your skin fresh all the time.


Can't really argue with this advice :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group