Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Women's boards help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am 

Ok so right now my wife rides a voile split decision 154. It's an absolute dog for her mostly on shallow angle slopes. The problem for her is that the nose really dives in pow and it plows a lot of snow instead of getting on top. It's really frustrating for her as her hill board is a 151 arbor and floats like a dream. She can really shred it.

I want to surprise her for Christmas but time is running short. I've mostly been looking at the anti social and the spliff. Has anyone got any experience with either of these?

I really think some nose rocker would help her out, along with a softer flex. We really don't go into the backcountry together unless its powder so I'm not concerned with how it handles at the resort.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Women's boards help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:37 am 

Split the arbor... Seriously though, go with a DIY. I just did a NS infinity and a lotus for a couple girls, both are sweet splits. Save you a bunch of coin too. :twocents:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:20 am 

I would strongly suggest check out Chimera. They make a 150 Unicorn chaser and a smaller scepter I think 154. Even though 154 is the same size as the voile I can tell you from personal experience going from the voile to the scepter is night and day. Anyway just a thought as those are two great options for a lady splitboard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 am 

Yep, Chimera makes a 'Little Boot Edition' of the Unicorn Chaser in a 150, which would certainly help with the nose diving issue (contact us if you want to know more). We are are also working on R&Ding a Mace 155 (Little Boot) this season, to be released late season or next year.

The Little Boot editions are NOT boards scaled down to be softer (and pinker) for the ladies. They are made relatively narrower at the waist for people with smaller feet. They are not neccessarily softer (for example, the Mace will keep it's stiffer flex pattern and mostly be produced for hard-charging women) but we do re-locate some of the structural stuff to account for a lower center of gravity.

On the topic, we're also making a Big Boot Edition of the Unicorn Chaser, in a 165.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm 

OOOh I would go with GNU's BPRO split, 152! I want to get my hands on one of these so badly! I have been riding a Bpro 152 for a few years and it is the most fun board I have ever ever ridden. Its poppy and fun, and it floats really well. It turns quickly and its responsive in tons of conditions. Now they are making a splitboard out of it. Its gotta be great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 pm 

I would go with a Chimeral. Those guys put a lot of thought into their designs. Inovative Good Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:10 pm 

I would contact Lisa Branner at Venture Snowboards. When it comes talking about a getting the right splitboard for woman, talk to Lisa! After all she has been co-owner of Venture Snowboards for 13 years.

VENTURE SNOWBOARDS
FACTORY SHOWROOM | GALACTIC HEADQUARTERS

5 Mears Avenue
PO Box 547
Silverton, Colorado 81433 USA

info@venturesnowboards.com

"women's-specific" boards for good reason...': See: http://venturesnowboards.com/womens-snowboards/

Personally, I like my Storm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm 

Thanks for all the input. I checked out a roxy today and a prior. Both looked pretty good, but I preferred the prior. This is going to be harder than I thought.