Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: East Coast (Vermont) Splitfest
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:47 pm 

I agree, and I was serious that we really do some goals articulation.

That would've been my farm website that you got that off, btw :thumpsup: (Or maybe my buddies- having now seen what pops up w google)

To be clear- I don't think anyone's advocating for anything at this point.

An no one's talking about splitting in bounds!

My vision for a splitfest is a round trip race, demos, sponsors, clinics for beginners...

And a good party :guinness: :doobie: :rock:

I also envision an extended event with the possibility of a rider-focused AAIRE, and perhaps a variety of tours for a range of abilities offered in a region, and other opportunities to share/ build skill (such as ropes or ice tools, shelter building, winter wild edibles, fuck- even a video editing workshop if someone wants to give one...)

The reason Smuggs came up is this:

Closed road for beginner lessons, demos, etc. some of the best terrain in the east, family friendly accessibility for wives, kids, etc. and they are willing to host, as they host the ice bash and other somewhat similar events in the notch proper...

Alex and I will be meeting soon, and if you'd like to help as an organizer it would be great to bring you to the table and hear your ideas/ proposals.

Nothing has been decided yet.

Like a snowboard contest- our sponsors, demos, etc. are definitely interested in exposure and would rather be somewhere where people who are not already in the splitboard fringe would see and be exposed to this sport...

I'm all about getting out into unexplored terrain, but (I hate to break it to you) this ain't exactly BC. If the whole point of a 'fest' is to gather a crowd, we should be strategic about what venues are most conducive to that.

We all recognize the beauty of solitude and isolation inherent in this particular way of playing in the snow... But if that's the only part we're celebrating... why are we trying to get a bunch of people together to do it?

:twocents: