Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dos texas renegados invadir las Tetons para las vacaciones
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm 

samblack wrote:
Nick, I was not trying to show respect for anything. I was being sarcastic and trying to display a lack of respect towards some coloradtittude that we encountered at Wolf Creek Pass last winter (and previously in north Routt County, CO). I was advised in both locations that internet write ups are bad for "their" areas. We spent a day at Wolf Creek Pass and had the zone figured out without a guidebook or internet advice, and found the local's "stash".

Word. Are you on tele tips? Recently I did some interwebz research on the Wolf Creek area, some crazy localism there for sure, murderous librarians and shit. That poor foamcore skier guidebook dude got run right off the goddamn web! Lots of folks on teletips had run-ins with the locals too. Since my father in law got a place nearby I've started riding a lot more on WC pass and I've already experienced one dick on the skintrack. Mostly nice folks to be sure, but still, when you see one doucher out on XC skis and he won't give you the goddamn time of day, it makes you think. I'll take any beta you've got, thank you very much, and share what I know with anyone who cares enough to get out and ride it.

Oh, and I'm originally from Texas, so already pretty much hated throughout NM and CO. And I don't even ride in jeans and camo.