Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yurting: The means to shred more pow!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 am 

The mountains seem to call me more and more each year. I am tied over in May, June and July with my bike, big white water, and the cast of the fly. However come august the mountains begin calling, beckoning my presents. A longing, a ache, an indescribable urge comes over me and I start wishing, hoping, and praying for snow. Fall hikes are filled with “beta collection” for winter lines. My bike no longer becomes an escape but a means to train and prepare for the snow.

I have found in order to enjoy the back country to the fullest you must truly surround yourself with it. Winter camping became a staple to get to the terrain and ride the lines you always dreamed about. Where the only line down the entire face or for miles around for that matter is you and your buddies.
The thought of a week expedition of winter camping and the amount of gear to make it happen became a chore. Then about 7 years ago I was introduced to “yurting”. In the name of Genghis Khan THANK YOU for the yurt!

Through college I was lucky enough to work for an outdoor program that has one of these amazing yurts. Now I am graduated and still try to make it on as many trips as I can. Here are a few fun memories of our last trip.

http://youtu.be/M3e-xNP7YiM

Post subject: Re: Yurting: The means to shred more pow!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 am 

I agree with your philosophy. Backpacking these long trips is getting old and painful. Sign me up for sled accessed yurts!

Sick video.