Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Las Lenas/Termas de Chillan aug/sept
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 pm 

Hi all, I'm headed to South America mid August for 2nd winter. Arriving in BA august 21 and headed to Las Lenas for a few weeks. Around the first or second week in September I'll head to Chile until Oct 1. I have a splitting friend who will be in chile and have a good idea on the snow pack there before i arrive. If any splitters will be in the area and want to link up shoot a message. My experience is touring 4-5 days a week in the Wasatch, Avy 1 & 2 with various other refresher courses and plenty of snow pits. I'm bringing some winter camping gear and hope to use the hut system in Argentina for a few days also.

Post subject: Re: Las Lenas/Termas de Chillan aug/sept
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm 

i'm headed to chillan for the beginning of august (first week or so). unfortunately we'll miss each other. anyone else headed to chile then?

Post subject: Re: Las Lenas/Termas de Chillan aug/sept
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:48 am 

Whats up guys,

I'll be in Chile from July 15 through Sept 15. I'm going to be bouncing around but most of my time will probably be spent in/near Termas de Chillan. I'd like to go hit some of these volcanoes, I've read they're pretty wind swept though. It's more about just hiking a volcano though right?

Anyway, if either of you (or if there's someone new reading this) hit me up on my email. stephenwweiss (@) gmail . com.

I'll be looking for partners and be willing to travel, pitch in for a rental car, whatever. I'm going to be bumming it at the resort with a tent, so I'm prepared for the worst living conditions.