Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chile & Argentina, ~10.08-10.09
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm 

I might be heading to SA late sept/early oct, depending on conditions. While probably much more expensive, that late in the season I think Tiera Del Fuego would be my best bet?

planning a trip to bariloche- http://cairnpublishing.com/author/tripr ... anning.htm

TGR forum info consolidation-
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... ost3652579

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:44 pm 

Ya bud! Just bought my flight for nz. fly out the 22nd of july. but anywho. ya man go check out chile! and go shred at Nevados de Chillan. you;ll be super stoked. and as well if you climb the volcano in pucon. thats well worth the trip. best of luck man!

Boots: Salomon Malamutes
SnowSurf Pads: Almond MFG.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:05 pm 

Cheers man! I definitely want to check Chile. Flying to Argentina first just because it's way cheeper from Europe.
Have fun shredding in NZ. I guess you will meet Sam and Luke there? Best regards to them.

And here is a topo map of the world, built from various sources, that I finally found. It's better than Google Maps Terrain view and obviously worse than dedicated topo maps of specific areas, but good enough for general use http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open=6e ... 9.13293952

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:13 pm 

Hi I live in Mendoza 300 miles away from Las Leñas. But we can Split in the weekends. Senme an email

marcelopizzolon@yahoo.com.ar

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:51 pm 

Subscribing... cause you know, cooking up bad ideas for the two weeks between a fuckyalater at work and starting up another project. Santigo is likely the cheapest port of entry for this guy. No GF to entertain, don't own a solid board anymore so looking to climb.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:34 pm 

I am still refining my plan. I bought this book, which seems incredible - http://www.belupress.com/en/index.html but I am still waiting for the delivery.

What I have in mind now is to spend 2 days in BA (landing there 13.08 morning), regroup, rest from the 20h travel, change some dollars on the black market (actually they call it blue market there??) and then set off to Bariloche on the 14th evening by bus. The weather will decide how long would we stay there, I am interested to visit some of the smaller resorts around the main Bariloche at least for a day each, so will rent a car there. Then Las Lenas until 1st or 2nd of September.
3.09 morning we will meet with 2 ski mountaineer dudes in Santiago and then hit the volcanoes in Chile until 13th, before leaving for Buenos Aires and then back to Europe.

So far the group is me with the split and one (well experienced) ski touring guy, my girlfriend, who is only a resort rider, but will be the expedition photographer. Then the other 2 skers that are joining in Santiago.

I recommend the book from the link above to anybody interested in doing skinning tours around the Andes (:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am 

Just booked flights!
We'll be down Aug 23 - Sep 6th, flying into Buenos Aires.

I think our main goal is Bariloche and area mountains, but we haven't booked any hostels, gonna follow the snow. Stoke is high!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 pm 

moridinbg wrote:
I am still refining my plan. I bought this book, which seems incredible - http://www.belupress.com/en/index.html but I am still waiting for the delivery.

What I have in mind now is to spend 2 days in BA (landing there 13.08 morning), regroup, rest from the 20h travel, change some dollars on the black market (actually they call it blue market there??) and then set off to Bariloche on the 14th evening by bus. The weather will decide how long would we stay there, I am interested to visit some of the smaller resorts around the main Bariloche at least for a day each, so will rent a car there. Then Las Lenas until 1st or 2nd of September.
3.09 morning we will meet with 2 ski mountaineer dudes in Santiago and then hit the volcanoes in Chile until 13th, before leaving for Buenos Aires and then back to Europe.

So far the group is me with the split and one (well experienced) ski touring guy, my girlfriend, who is only a resort rider, but will be the expedition photographer. Then the other 2 skers that are joining in Santiago.

I recommend the book from the link above to anybody interested in doing skinning tours around the Andes (:

Hey dude,i might make it to Chile this year but will be early/mid August.

Check out La Hoya in the town of Esquel ,it's about 3.5 hours drive south of Bariloche,great little resort with lots of slackcountry access and great potential if it has the snow!