Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prior Spearhead
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm 

First off I would like to say Hello to my splitboarding sister's and brothers.As far as the Spearhead goes I have spent approx.40 days riding the 166 carbon prototype(solid).Answer #1 you get a longer board because the nose is longer #2Prior is full steam a head on splitboards they will be making them till the cows come home (Chris and Dean are both avid splitboarders).#3As far as Dupraz goes they didn't have much to do with the Spearhead Prior's own swallowtail did.The Board is Excellent you can't go wrong if you want a really fun non directional powder stick. The Carbon version is so light people will be picking it up and shaking their heads. The Spearhead can handle anything chowder to hard blue shit pants Steep ice The new damping material keeps the Carbon in check .I have only a couple runs on the split version and it felt the same except it was a non carbon model and felt a little heavier but still very easy to ride Chow Chow James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:18 am 

Ack!

Yoda12... First off, welcome to the boards, good to have you! But, um... How bout some punctuation next time? Oh, and there's another Yoda, who is a common poster... You may run into some confusion about who you are.

Cool to have someone with the Prior info!

Shep

Post subject: Re: Prior Spearhead
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:04 am 

yoda13 wrote:
First off I would like to say Hello to my splitboarding sister's and brothers.As far as the Spearhead goes I have spent approx.40 days riding the 166 carbon prototype(solid).Answer #1 you get a longer board because the nose is longer #2Prior is full steam a head on splitboards they will be making them till the cows come home (Chris and Dean are both avid splitboarders).#3As far as Dupraz goes they didn't have much to do with the Spearhead Prior's own swallowtail did.The Board is Excellent you can't go wrong if you want a really fun non directional powder stick. The Carbon version is so light people will be picking it up and shaking their heads. The Spearhead can handle anything chowder to hard blue shit pants Steep ice The new damping material keeps the Carbon in check .I have only a couple runs on the split version and it felt the same except it was a non carbon model and felt a little heavier but still very easy to ride Chow Chow James

those carbon boards are sick, anything 1lb lighter is pure goodness. i havent been in the factory for awhile but are they making the spear head in a carbon split yet? last time i talked to them they had a proto type carbon spearhead that wasnt a split, they were only making the 165 kyber in a carbon split than.

Post subject: spearhead
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:31 pm 

I think Chris has build a Spearhead carbon split for himself . I have also been testing the 167 carbon split swallowtail These boards are still in the prototype stage but they seriously rock. They are close but late in the year or next year would be my best guess . I will post a shot of the swallowtail on my web site www.pbase.com/imagesolutions

Post subject: Re: spearhead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:25 am 

yoda13 wrote:
I think Chris has built a Spearhead carbon split for himself . I have also been testing the 167 carbon split swallowtail These boards are still in the prototype stage but they seriously rock. They are close but late in the year or next year would be my best guess . I will post a shot of the swallowtail on my web site www.pbase.com/imagesolutions