Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: prior spearhead?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:58 am 

looks interesting, and next summer they are making a split version. its a tapered board and prior recomends you go 2 to three cm bigger then your regular freeride board, usually on tapered boards they recomend you go smaller dont they? has anyone tried one?

www.priorsnowboards.com/boards_spearhead.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:27 am 

Looks like a rip off of the Dupraz...

http://www.dupraz-ch.com/index.php?topgroupid=3

A split would be very cool. I've been wishing for a split Dupraz for a while now. Love my solid D1+. If the Prior rides anything like it, it should be a winner.

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:39 am 

corbeau wrote:
Lol, you are only saying that because you own a Dupraz and are miffed that people keep ignoring your D1 :wink:

Just because the Spearhead has a gently sloping big nose does not make it a ripoff of the Dupraz. It doesn't have a progressive sidecut like the Dupraz, nor those it have the shorten effective edge as Dupraz happily points out on its website. Also, the Spearhead was designed to be able to be ridden switch on hardpack as noted by this comment on Prior's website

"... and rips in the hard pack too (both directions)"

Let's see you ride your Dupraz switch... 8)

The original Prior Khyber model on the other hand did have a very similar shape to the Burton Malolo (although the tail was a little longer and much stiffer).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:07 am 

I ride the D1 switch all the time although not nearly as well Bordy did in his video review.

More to the point - If you've got something to say, don't hide it behind a bullshit 'wink'. Like this:

You can take your attempt at pithy wit and shove it up your ass. wink explicitly omitted

lonerider wrote:
corbeau wrote:
Lol, you are only saying that because you own a Dupraz and are miffed that people keep ignoring your D1 :wink:

Let's see you ride your Dupraz switch... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:08 pm 

well my board is better than any of your boards put together, so there! (if you put them together the duct tape will make for bad torsional rigidity, and it will be very wide and stuff ;-) ;-) ;-) :P :D :( :!: :?: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 am 

yea i dont think taping a bunch of boards together will work to good, the snow will get the tape wet and it wont stick properly. glue, epoxy, or shrink wrap would probably work better. it might be a little heavy to bring in the bc but just imagine the floatation in pow :lol: (this emotion means im laughing, in case the first 2 posters get confused)

anyway think ill cruise by prior some time soon and see if i can take a spearhead for a rip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 am 

I got to ride one last weekend. It was really cool. Of course, it's the longest board I've ever ridden, so I dunno if it is a good design or just ole Shep coming around to the dark (and long) side. :)

I will say though that even with quite a bit of set back, it has a minimum radius turn. Lots of fun at mach 2 and long turns, but not the board I would want in the sketchier conditions, trees, or really tight lines.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:43 am 

Shep wrote:
I got to ride one last weekend. It was really cool. Of course, it's the longest board I've ever ridden, so I dunno if it is a good design or just ole Shep coming around to the dark (and long) side. :)

I will say though that even with quite a bit of set back, it has a minimum radius turn. Lots of fun at mach 2 and long turns, but not the board I would want in the sketchier conditions, trees, or really tight lines.

Shep
Which length did you ride? So you are saying it prefers big arcs and it not that easy to "throw around"? Thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 pm 

172. That is exatly what I am saying. My experience is that it does better at short turns in big powder, but prefers long arcs no matter the conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:12 am 

if the rumours i've been hearing are correct, you likely won't be seeing this in a split version. And if you are interested in a split from prior or never summer, you might want to get on it pretty soon...
gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:19 am 

InTheMountains wrote:
if the rumours i've been hearing are correct, you likely won't be seeing this in a split version. And if you are interested in a split from prior or never summer, you might want to get on it pretty soon...
gary

so what are the rumours, that neversummer and prior are going to stop making splits :( ? it says on priors site that they will be making a split in summer but i guess we'll see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:26 am 

WClumberjack wrote:
so what are the rumours, that neversummer and prior are going to stop making splits :( ?

yes! i've heard those rumours too over here in europe. :(
we have to wait and see ...

Post subject: xxx
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:15 am 

the shape - is a old storry not a new idea . but the best for all condition on the mountin.
a long nose and a pin tail . i bulid this shape for my own boards ... its a mix betwen dupraz and fish ... ore a jester element.... ???
now budy now... some pics are one my home page under SCHNEEBRETTER ....

rumours ....

i think burton lost the split market - the not perfet interface...
and this is a pain for the perfect BURTON COMPANY
it is not a market with big money to day - the future will tell

voile is not stupid ... the are the owner of the perfect working interface.and not a gigant and must look in the future

burton catch the train ... and cooperated with voile ..... its like the old storry of get bigger and eat the litte manufacter of split manufactures...

and the other manufactur s must look for a new system ???
ore pay a hot price......

burton / wildschnee